How to Uncover a Mystery
- Let the mystery find you – something that piques your interest and unleashes your rabid curiosity.
- Research. This could be conducted through a variety of venues (library, internet, dictionary, interviews etc). Dig up as much info as you can on the subject/event. Collect clues.
- Follow all "leads" (pieces of info that cause you to head in new directions). Contact people involved.
- Get involved directly with the thing you are researching (for example, take a class, write to experts etc).
- Conduct a re-creation (of an object or event). Use maps, dioramas, photos, diagrams etc. Look at the situation from different angles.
(extract How to be an Explorer of the World – Keri Smith)